Friday, June 5, 2009

THE PHOTOGRAPH THAT I LIKE


I don’t know who took this picture neither I know when it was took. I found in internet page with the name of http://e-profes.net/blog/category/foto-semana/. In this page shows the best photos of the week. This photograph won the world press photo 2005 prize. I like it because, first; shows a woman with his son, second; I like so much the colors that the image has (the woman skin, the hand of the child) and the strong’s colors of around.

I like that the scene, I like the image because reflect a reality, but also i fell badly because i don’t like that the photographers sale this reality like a good. The people that are in this picture is so poor and live in very bad conditions, and I believe that take advantage of this situation to earn money it’s a think so ugly.

If I look the picture like only like an artistic expression, I must to say that is wonderful. The face of the woman, the color of skin, the hand of the child, and the colors around it, make feel many emotions. It’s a very touching image.

1 comment:

  1. Matías,
    Did you know that another student also chose this photo? Find out who it was and compare your opinions.
    Maybe you’re right when you think that some people profit with these images, but they also make people aware of other realities.
    You wrote some good sentences, but please study the following, so that you can improve your English:
    (when it was took): Say: it was written/done/taken/played/seen, etc
    (In this page shows): Is the word ‘In’ necessary here?
    (woman with his son): ‘his’ or ‘her’?
    (I like so much the colors that the image has):Word order: I like........... so much: I like the colors... so much/ very much.
    (the woman skin, the hand of the child): Use parallel structures: the skin of the woman, etc.
    (the strong’s colors): adjectives never change: a strong boy, a strong girl, some strong boys,etc.
    (The people that are in this picture is ): The people.... are (In English ‘people’ is plural)

    ([...]shows) / ( because [...] reflect ) / ( that [...] take advantage): Can you provide a subject for these sentences?

    (I found [...] in AN internet page) / (make[...] feel ): These verbs need an object to complete the idea. Ex. I found you/her/him/it/them. They make me/you/him/her/us/them feel...

    ReplyDelete